We the Crew of s/v Oceans, just received transit documents for North bound transit through the Panama Canal. It will be tomorrow, Saturday, 4.28.2018. Our advisor is scheduled to arrive on board at 0700hrs, am Central time zone. On board will be; Rick & Myself, Matthias, Juana & additional professional line handler,Lozano Ayala.
We will then head to the Miraflores Locks, with an arrival time of 0901hrs, departure 0951hrs. Then at the Pedro Miquel Lock, arrival 1011hrs, with departure 1046hrs. We will arrive at the Gamboa mooring ball at 1226hrs. These are the 3 locks on the Pacific side of the canal. We will be on the HUGE mooring ball for an undetermined amount of time….. This is Panama, and things change, often! At this point, we do not know if we will go through the Gatun Locks on Saturday, or have to wait at mooring ball until, Sunday, 0700hrs, and then proceed to motor through the Gatun Lake for 5hrs, then go through 3 Gatun Locks on the Caribbean side of the canal.
Once we are on the Caribbean side, we will proceed to Shelter Bay Marina, where s/v Oceans will be hauled out of the water, to begin repair procedures.
For anyone interested here is the website for the Panama Canal: www.pancanal.com
We would really appreciate it if someone was to take a screen shot of us while we are in the canal. You must run Adobe flash & go to multimedia, to live camera’s. The webcam is available 24/7 for anyone to view in the world, with internet access.
GOD is Great, all the time! We will continue our journey for HIM!
Matthias took these pictures the other night, thank you, Matthias for sharing. Too cool to see them, they hang upside down, eat leaves and move very slowly.
We must lift s/v Oceans out of the water to make the fiberglass repairs. So far, there are no marina’s on the Pacific Side that can take her out. s/v Oceans is too wide. More research is being done, as I write this post. But, we have made plans to transit back through the canal to Shelter Bay Marina, where they have a travel lift and a well wide enough to haul us out, without further fiberglass damage. 1st transit day available to go North bound is May 2nd. So, at this time, we are scheduled to transit back to Caribbean side, repair s/v Oceans and request South bound transit back to the Pacific side. No one is hurt, and we will push on!